Industrial Abrasive/ Sand Blaster
Overall Job Purpose:
Operate commercial / industrial sandblasting equipment as needed to production / facilities equipment, systems and fabricated materials in the oil and gas industry. Works from departmental controlled checklists when performing any planned activities.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities with Minimal Assistance:
- Under supervision, assist in the planned daily activities.
- Use thorough understanding of departmental operating procedures as well as job task procedures in selecting and operating sandblasting equipment.
- Disassemble, clean and reassemble equipment, parts and components as directed by department supervisor.
- Operate lifting and moving devices in order to move equipment or materials so that areas to be painted are accessible.
- Manage time to ensure proper curing of coatings will be accomplished as efficiently as possible.
- Responsible for quality and continuous improvement within job scope.
- Responsible for all actions / responsibilities as required by the departmental supervisor.
- Interact and cooperate with all fellow team members to essentially achieve our goal of providing equipment that meets or exceeds our customers’ expectations.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Industrial Abrasive/ Sand Blaster: 2 years (Preferred)
- 2 – 4 years of relevant paint experience required in a manufacturing environment, preferably vessels and pipe.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to complete required documentation and strong communication skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.